"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." ~ from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

NOVEMBER "NAMES of GOD" THANKS GIVING ~ 13

Day 13

Focusing on the Name
Yahweh Ra'ah
The Lord is my Shepherd

Psalm 23:1
and
John 10:11 and 14

[Today my THANKFUL post is a little different]

Roy Lessin shared on Psalm 23, a beautiful series (but it was some time ago) 2010? Here is what he wrote on SHEPHERD:
Shepherd: Pastor. The One who tends, keeps, guards, guides. The Good Shepherd; The Great Shepherd; The Chief Shepherd. The One who leads. The One who feeds. Life giver. Care giver. Watching every moment; protecting in every situation; providing every need. Laying down His life. Giving His all. Seeking me. Carrying me. Holding me close.
that I saved with this:

"You Shall Not Want by Roy Lessin

The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. Psalm 23:1
To the lost sheep, He is the seeking Shepherd;
To the needy sheep, He is the providing Shepherd;
To the hurting sheep, He is the comforting Shepherd;
To the bruised sheep, He is the healing Shepherd;
To the anxious sheep, He is the peaceful Shepherd;
To the wandering sheep, He is the guiding Shepherd;
To the fearful sheep, He is the protecting Shepherd;
To the lame sheep, He is the carrying Shepherd;
To the discontented sheep, He is the fulfilling Shepherd;
To the parched sheep, He is the anointing Shepherd;
To the timid sheep, He is the reassuring Shepherd;
To the fallen sheep, He is the merciful Shepherd;
To the nervous sheep, He is the quieting Shepherd;
To the heavy laden sheep, He is the restful Shepherd;
To the lonely sheep, He is the ever-present Shepherd;
To the weary sheep, He is the restoring Shepherd;
To all His sheep, He is the Good Shepherd. "

The Shepherd was set for today but I chose to do this one a bit different because this is a favorite Psalm of my dear blogger friend, Denise and her birthday is coming. (exactly one week from today, the 20th).

Since I know this and that the Lord is Denise's Shepherd, today's post is dedicated to DENISE (Shortybear), in hopes that she and the Shepherd are walking together to new heights and much healing! I am so thankful that the Lord is Our Shepherd and that He has given me a wonderful friend like Denise as I wish her a blessed and very Happy Birthday!!!

 for Denise

Shepherd by Roy Lessin

"Find me, Shepherd, as You seek
Your lost and wandering lamb.
Hold me, Shepherd, when You come–
Trembling as I am.
Carry me, Shepherd, with the care
That I'm so needful of–
Keep me close beside Your heart,
Safe within Your love.
Guide me, Shepherd, in the way
That leads to waters still–
May I feed in quietness
Within Your perfect will.
Seeker, Healer, Keeper, 
Guardian of my way,
Holder of the rod and staff
That comforts me today."
THE LORD is my Shepherd [to feed, guide, and shield me], I shall not lack. Psalm 23:1 AMP
ROY LESSIN
"Meet Me in the Meadow"
[links to his Psalm 23 series]
Psalm 23:1
Psalm 23:2
Psalm 23:3
Psalm 23:4
Psalm 23:5
Psalm 23:6

THANK YOU, SHEPHERD of MY HEART

Thank You for leading me
to my blogger friends
especially
DENISE
in honor of her special day!
[source:Google on my bday]

Be her Shepherd all ways
always
Denise really needs
You
Good Shepherd
Hold her closely!

Do for Denise
what every line of this
Psalm 23
shares
as penned by
Roy Lessin

Thank You for the blessing he is and the gift 
You have given him to share with us so beautifully
the lessons in Your Word!
[also the artist of the song I linked]

Bless each one
in Jesus' Name



* For more information on these 30 days of Giving Thanks return to Day 1. This is not a study on the "Names of God" but a daily offering of gratitude for this attribute and title/name of God for "they reveal His nature and His purpose and describe in perfection what our relationship with Him is to be" ... and with this in mind, we give thanks to God for who He is and all He is and does for us us He reveals Himself to us through this Name. This is similar to my Grateful 2/4 God on Thurs.

*Comments closed*

I'd really appreciate it
if you would visit Denise and 
let her know you are praying for her
through her present storms that are ever so many
She's left many requests for others also at the 
Lighthouse of Prayer
Please pray for Denise and her dad, Otis!

*Comments closed*
[but a reaction is always welcomed by me]
just check below
AMEN! (1)AMAZING (0)AWESOME (1)AHA! (0)AUCK! (0)


Kinda a 5-0 system although the first 3 are all 5s and the 4th is "I made a point" (and a little light went on for you, kinda like inspiring) and that the last is for "no interest" Yuck. Weak. Blah. I had to allow something for negative. Thanks!
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

This blog is ALL about HIM, for HIM, not about me!
I hope that is what you see
this is why I am



To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy