"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." ~ from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

Monday, January 13, 2014

MOORE On Monday (M.O.M.)

Now that I have officially announced or shared MY ONE WORD for 2014, I can also tell you about my new 10 week study delight that Beth Moore wrote, just to start my new year out right in "prayer" with a great teaching by her (isn't that so like God? I just so love it when God really knows how to delight your heart and weaves so much altogether from every direction when you focus on seeking Him and you encounter your One Word everywhere) Now I just have to wonder how God spoke this to Beth Moore to come up with this title (Sept. 29, 2013) as I cling to reading the Word for each day and her brief devotion with a Scripture in ...

[for a book review to learn and see more:thanks Jojo-well done]

Another amazing part of this is that this was published about the time that God placed this word in my heart and I had not heard anything on Beth's LPM blog at the time (maybe I wasn't paying good attention to her blog so I missed it somehow). All I do know is that I could not have chosen a better way to start out 2014 then with a "ten week odyssey of prayer" with Beth Moore and 

*P.R.A.I.S.E.*
to 
Our King and Lord
Jesus Christ

*This is the prayer format Beth uses for each of the 70 devotions {P.R.A.I.S.E.}:
Praise; Repentance; Acknowledgment; Intercession; Supplication of Self; Equipping

Today is Day 13 for me with this Scripture focus in Daniel 6

Three times a day he got down on his knees and prayed, giving thanks to his God, just as he had done before.” (Dan. 6: 10) 
"... Victory is ours when we walk with God daily in habitual prayer, when we know His Word well enough to trust His sovereignty, and when we cast ourselves on Him and make an honest plea for help. He derives great satisfaction from shutting that lion’s mouth."Beth Moore
This is how Day 13 ends, and I don't know about you, but I sure needed this "whisper of hope" today. In fact, I need these every day, anchoring me and encouraging me to draw closer and learn from the Daniels and Beth Moore in my life that keep me inspired with our HOPE in God, in Christ alone. 

Day 7 stood out to me at first, proving that indeed this is the book I need to add to God's Word as I start 2014 because of the reflective questions Beth poses as to us being "living stones" ... (1 Peter 2:4-6) as Peter calls believers and Beth explains so clearly ... and beautifully
"We represent hope to people who may have given up on finding real life. We are stones rolled away, giving them a glance into the empty tomb. We provide evidence that Jesus is the Resurrection and the Life."~Beth Moore
Oh, yes, thank you Beth Moore for saying this so beautifully and concisely; the HOPE I have and am (or should be), need to be each day. I truly love how you share God's Word and the Greek original terms. This so impressed upon me the profound impact of being a "living stone". (page 23???s ... yes, yes, wouldn't that be the BEST!) That Christianity is more than a "religion" but a life; His life lived on in us; a personal relationship of the Living God alive in us, lived through us!
Passion for Jesus and His purpose!!!


Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

This blog is ALL about HIM, for HIM, not about me!
I hope that is what you see
this is why I am



To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy