"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Friday, January 5, 2018

"L"

[Before I continue on with "L" in my BELIEVE acronym, I have to let you know that "B" has more Basic Beliefs than those original 5 I listed, according to the book/devotional of Randy Frazee and also the Fundamental Beliefs of the church to which I belong since 1989, and perhaps yours as well. They were not meant to be all-inclusive, hence the reason I called them Basic Beliefs. I will at least add the rest according to the "BELIEVE" book back on that blog post, but the reason was because I read the YouVersion reading plan, which is only a sample and I went by that. Since then, I recently purchased one of the books (at a great deal that I couldn't pass up, since it is my One Word, but one of the others is also so I'm waiting for that one) which is how I discovered I was missing 5 more core Beliefs that were included. These Beliefs, included under Think, are only one third of this book. There still is a Act and Be part included in "BELIEVE" book] 

<><><>

Now unto 
"L"


although there's only one 
"L" 
I have chosen 3 words still
that are interrelated
in how
iBelieve
or
should Act because of what iBelieve

LEARN

LIVE

LOVE

{and another one closely related}

LEAD

At first, I wanted to use the Live, Laugh and Love that I've seen grouped together, but somehow "laugh" just didn't seem to fit with BELIEVE as much as the other ones (although I know God has a sense of humor and definitely know the blessings of laughter), it's not what I'm going for with God and BELIEVE ... so my second order was "Live, Love, Lead" (influenced by yet another book and YV reading plan) when I finally realized (especially when I discovered the additional "B" part above, for that blog post) that I am always "LEARNING" and wanting to LEARN all I can in God's Word and from others as relates to my faith and beliefs. I want to remain someone who "thirsts" after God and learning is essential, in my opinion, to this ... being open and LISTENING (which would have been another important "L" word, to God and also to others) most importantly to other Believers.

In the 4th reading of my new "winter" devotional entitled "A More Abundant Life" I read this:

"God doesn't call us to do Extraordinary things, but to do ordinary things with extraordinary LOVE."Jean Vanier
{this should have gone with "E" but it'll work here too}


So if I had to choose just one, I thought that "LIFE" or "LIVE" would have been the chosen word for "L". To "LIVE by faith, LIVE faith out loud. And never stop believing God." (Beth Moore) Loving God with all we are! Then I quickly was reminded in God's Word about LOVE, not just that God is Love, but what 1 Corinthians 13:7 tells me about Love and BELIEVE. 

"Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."

However, it's a combination of all of the "L" words that came to mind because for me in 2018, to show what iBELIEVE, I need to LIVE my faith out loud and the best way is through LOVE like Jesus, not just His teachings that iBelieve rather how He lived as I should be living by what I read and apply from God's Word. Then I am confident that God would want me to LEAD others to Jesus, LEAD others to what I believe and LEAD others to the Truth. Not just change what others believe or don't believe, but LEAD through how I LIVE and LOVE (even when it's difficult or someone seemingly unlovable to our preferences, not in God's eyes, there is no one unlovable - NOT ONE). We have to Leave behind our way for His way completely and see others as HE sees them and loves them as He loves us. Yes, all my "L" words are interrelated in what iBelieve! Leaving comfort zones for God zone - which is LOVE LIVED out in our LIFE, LEARNING, LISTENING, LEADING ... LAUGHING; Believing all things are possible through Christ Jesus! this is what iBelieve!




aMazed
how all my devotional readings
work together
because
LIFE
is a continual process
of
LEARNING
to
LOVE
and
LEADING
others
to the
Only One
that
LOVES
us
fully and deeply
so completely
in our
LIFE
journeys
to
LIVE
more 
like
JESUS

Yep, I gotta
LIVE
what I
BELIEVE






... on a faraway sidenote, because it does start with "L" - I have to mention it here, since I think, in part, this is what may have inclined my ear toward "BELIEVE" as my One Word (although there were many innuendos toward this)... is the word "LIE". Not because LIE is part of Believing, but because of the LIES we do BELIEVE or buy into as truth when they're not (and there have been a few books written about this). Eventually, I will have to make one or two of them part of what I read, because we have to know the LIES we've believed to speak TRUTH into our LIVES (and heal).


1 comment:

  1. Amen to your marvelous "L" reflections! This statement should be the manifesto for every child of God:

    "Not just change what others believe or don't believe, but LEAD through how I LIVE and LOVE"

    We can talk until were blue in the face about God's mercy and the love of Christ, but if we don't show that love and live that love so it's apparent to others, we will turn them away from the truth and just be as a "noisy gong or a clanging cymbal"...I've made those noises plenty of times in my life when I would get on my soapbox with my agenda instead of waiting on the Lord and just loving on people and serving where needed...

    Thanks for more great reminders...I always need to learn more!

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy