"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion — to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair."~from ISAIAH 61 Bible verse for this Blog

APOLOGY to READERS who followed a SEARCH to HERE & didn't find it

On July 18, 2017, I drafted almost 3000 blog posts that I had published since 2008 when I began blogging, rather than edit each one. So if you clicked here from somewhere else and ended up with the post unavailable or error, I am sorry but this is why. It'd be too much work for me to go back and fix them. There's an explanation on 7/19/17 as I'm still learning.

Sunday, March 4, 2018

PRAY HARD

[image credit: #63 from 365 Promises]

We are in the 3rd Session of "Draw the Circle", appropriately titled "Pray Hard" and on March 8th, we are half-way and truthfully every SONday, especially this one (and for no particular reason), I think to myself, as I come here to catch up and post for yet another week, I  should give up ... or at least, give up posting, which often is my attitude (forgive me, Lord) as I come, yet another day and another year, praying for salvation for "hard" hearts ... perhaps not necessarily "prodigals", but people whose hearts and minds (sad to say) seem to be more hardened toward receiving Jesus and what He came to offer every one of us ... then I come here and read (pray) the beautiful, wonderful encouraging prayers left by the dearest sister in Christ, who understands and prays hard, deep spirit-filled prayers of the heart, because she knows ... she gets this but even more she extends an honest, vulnerable prayer that touches a deep core within me and I realize how much of a God send she is and has been since we have known each other, maybe only online and from a distant, however as close as if we grew up together and lived next door ... she is such a blessing, and her prayers in the comments, will (or should) bless you also, even without knowing her. Then God's Holy Spirit blows afresh on me, to keep me accountable and in prayer with a grateful heart, to "Pray Hard" ... because every one of those who are without Jesus, need to come now to His saving grace, so not one would perish, but be saved. Such an urgency, such a heavy heart, such a need for our Savior, and the time is now for us all to repent and pray hard, persevere like never  ... read and listen carefully how Mark Batterson opens up this Session (which includes days 15-21):

"By definition, praying hard is hard. In God's kingdom, pray is the heavy lift. But prayer is the difference between "good ideas' and "God ideas." It's the difference between closed doors and open doors. It's the difference between inpossible and possible. But you can't just pray like it depends on God. You also have to work like it depends on you. What I mean by that is: you can't just talk the talk - you also have to walk the walk." Mark Batterson, Draw the Circle

Just like this precious sister in Christ, this week (7) of "Unshakable Hope: Courage" says "GOD GETS YOU ..." and I'm sure He must/does! 

So I remain committed to pray:

"Father, in the name of Jesus, I come boldly unto the throne of grace, that I may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in my time of need. Grant me the grace to walk through this day in true godliness with contentment. I bind mercy and truth around my neck, and write them on the table of my heart, and I will find favor in the sight of God." ... 

because
"I am building my life on the promises of God. Because His word is unbreakable, my hope is unshakable. I do not stand on the problems or pain in life. I am standing on the great and precious promises of God.

for me and our households

GOD'S PROMISES

iBelieve

Acts 16:31

<><><>

Here are 7 more links for PRAYERS:

"18 Prayers to Pray for Unbelievers"


like this one:
Prayer That God Will Turn Their Stubborn Heart

"Lord Almighty, as I pray today for those that do not know Jesus I ask that You can break whatever it is that has control over their heart that takes them away from knowing You. Psalm 119:67 says, “Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I obey your word.” It is true that many have to fall to their lowest points in life before they turn their life over to You. It often takes painful circumstances to drive us to Christ. Addiction, lust, materialism, and other deadly sins are false gods that are stealing the hearts of those who need You the most. I pray for those who are unsaved that You will be able to rip the bondage of what is holding them back. May they seek You! Amen."
"11 Prayers for Your Friends to Know Christ"

"How to Pray for an Unsaved Loved One"




start out to pray something like this:

“Lord Jesus Christ, I bring before You (name). He/she doesn’t know You, Lord. When I speak to them about You, he/she does not want to hear anything. There is total resistance to me. (Name) is not receiving my witness, and persuasion does not work. Lord, he/she needs a revelation of YOU. I ask for that revelation. Jesus, I ask You to search their heart and show them their heart the way You see it. Give them desire and Grace to know You and our Father. Make a way for him/her, where there presently does not appear to be a way out for them. You are the God of the impossible. Nothing is too difficult for you.”

365 Promises
also have a
Perpetual Calendar
ebook of their

(that's a bonus link)

From the Father's Heart


Let's continue to

"PRAY HARD"
(session 3)
then we'll
"THINK LONG"
(session 4)
and see
"THE RIPPLE EFFECT"
(session 5)



1 comment:

  1. As usual, you have supplied great links for study and encouragement...it is a pleasure and privilege to join you in praying hard, sis!

    ReplyDelete

Bless you for your visit and encouraging words! I thank you and I am humbly blessed by YOU and the time you spend with me... Peace, "Mazmagi" Peggy


To my faithful visitors;
all of you who spend your valuable time here with me
I do appreciate you so much!

Thank you for taking your time to visit!

Love, Sweet blessings & Hugs!

DIOS TE BENDIGA
GOD BLESS YOU

always

Peggy